Sunday, February 22, 2009

Phu what a weekend!

I don't think I have scrapped this much ever in a weekend. I have actually finished 6 different challanges for the Scrappiz Cyper Crop (se below). Now I'm starting to feel a bit dizzy of all the spring colours. They are cheering up the day though, it is raining/snowing here and no fun weather at all.
Enough rambling, are you curious about the result?

First a simple LO. The challange was to not use any patterned paper at all. I have sprayed Glimmer Mist (it is messy and hard to get as you want!) on a template and then just added letter thickers and the lace. I think the airy lace is giving a feeling of spring (as the title says) and open windows.


I also did a simple card, where the motif was supposed to be the centerpiece. I stamped the Iris flowers and coloured them with my Derwent pencils. I also stamped the sentence and embossed it in gold. I have chalked the edges to get some more depth in the picture.


My next try, which I did late last nigh, was a challange ther you should add some piece of jewelery. You should also add a pin. I had a pin I had saved from a wedding which I used. I just added a small jewelery in form of a butterfly to it.

This is the LO which I'm most pleased with. This old vintage/shabby chick style inspires me and makes me happy =). Here is the whole LO


I added more of the butterfly jewelery and also a metal butterfly. The hydragena flowers are Prima and the others are unknown. I added rhinestones and pearls as centers.
The white distressed paper is K and Company. Here are some more close-ups


At last I have another card to share. At this point I started to get a bit 'tired' of creating, so this was made rather fast. I have stamped the bird and coloured it with Derwent pencils. I have used soem scrap pieces of carstock for the cardbase and paper. As background have I also added some yellow thingy which you can buy from florists. The flower is one of the unknown kind but blinged with some embossing powder which has been glued onto the flower (not embossed), I also added a red brad to the center.




Now I need to rest =) Maybe I will do another challange later today but I doubt it. At least Have I had real fun doing this and I have used a lot of my stash. Maybe it is time to buy some new?? =) See ya!

No comments: